- High speed steel
- Die steel
- Steel for knives
Steel for knives
Our consultant will save your time!
+38 (063) 073-44-92
Supplier KMZ offers to buy steel for knives at economical price. The provider ensures timely delivery of products at any address specified by the consumer. The price is the best in this segment of the rental.
Selection criteria steels
- Hardness. With this component, the edge of the knife always remains in one piece, not vykradyvali under the influence of external loads;
- Strength. Especially appreciated by this indicator in combination with a sufficient elasticity of the blade when the knife does not break under the effect of transverse bending loads. The combination of strength with hardness must be correct: at excessive hardness of the blade becomes brittle;
- Durability. With prolonged use the blade edge must minimally deteriorate under the action of external forces;
- Corrosion resistance. Indicator is important if the knife is used in humid conditions, especially in sea water and saline solutions increased chemical aggression;
- The length of time between sharpening. Determined by a combination of the previous factors as well as ways of sharpening a knife.
The choice of grade of material
Have the advantage of tool and high-carbon structural steel. Of domestic brands the best steels for the production of knives are steel XB5, Х12ВМ, 45Х14Н2В4МФ and the like. In high-quality steel that ensures the durability of the knife should be such alloying elements as chromium, molybdenum, tungsten, Nickel and manganese.
Molybdenum contributes to the needs of strength and toughness of steel. Its percentage should not be less than 6…8%. Chromium and Tungsten, acting together, give the knife steels, the hardness and strength. However, if their total content exceeds 15…20%, steel alloy becomes brittle. To avoid this disadvantage and to retain the high hardness of the blade, add up to 0.5 to 0.8% of vanadium. In the presence of chromium in quantities greater than 12…13% is purchased corrosion resistance. Plasticity and elasticity of steel increases, if present up to 2…4% Nickel. Increases the wear resistance of knife steel is introduced to 5…8% manganese.
Supplier KMZ offers steel for knives at economical price. The provider ensures timely delivery of products at any address specified by the consumer.
To buy steel for knives provider KMZ can at an affordable price. The price is formed based on the European standards of production. Buy knife steel any brand at a reasonable price, you can wholesale or retail. Regular customers can take advantage of the discount system of discounts from the company KMZ. The price is the best in this segment of the rental.